I am a UK based Logistics Manager with over 25 years experience of working in international logistics and supply chain management.
Originally from the multinational freight forwarder industry, I have gained specialist knowledge of air, sea and road freight import and export shipping. Including practical knowledge of UK Customs & Excise import clearance procedures.
I started this website with my own time and money as a project to:
- Promote the Logistics and Supply Chain industries
- Share my knowledge and experience
- Promote best practice through guides and articles
- Provide a useful information resource to all new and existing Logistics and Supply Chain Professionals
- Give back to the next generation of Logistics and Supply chain professionals
Feel free to follow me on Twitter or LinkedIn using the buttons below:
With my experience I have been lucky enough to see ‘both sides of the fence’ from working in a freight forwarder environment, managing a bonded warehouse and now working in international logistics as a customer. This gives me a unique insight into the steps involved and issues that can arise. I still enjoy the challenges and demands of working in international logistics and supply chain management and continue to keep my knowledge current through private study and personal development.
I have been elected a Chartered Member (CMILT) of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT) and awarded Expert Status (ESCM) from the Institute of Supply Chain Management (IoSCM). I was honoured to be invited onto the IoSCM Advisory Council in May 2019.
- Winner of the 2021 annual IoSCM Award ‘Outstanding Contribution to Sustainable Improvements in the Supply Chain’
- Winner of the 2021 annual IoSCM Award ‘Contribution to the Institute and the Advancement of our Global Members Network’
- Winner of the 2020 IoSCM Sustain Chain Award ‘Outstanding contribution to Sustainable Improvements in the Supply Chain‘
- Winner of the 2019 annual IoSCM Award ‘Contribution to the Institute‘
- Winner of the 2019 Celebrating Enterprise Award ‘Special Recognition Award‘, hosted at the House of Lords, London.
- Awarded a Recognition award by the IoSCM in 2019 for ‘Contribution to Education, Skills Development and Improving Standards within the supply chain industry’
- Winner of the 2018 annual IoSCM Award ‘Contribution To Wider Supply Chain Improvement’