I am a UK based Logistics Manager with over 25 years experience of working in international logistics and supply chain management.
Originally from the multinational freight forwarder industry, I have gained specialist knowledge of air, sea and road freight import and export shipping. Including practical knowledge of UK Customs & Excise import clearance procedures.
I started this website with my own time and money as a project to promote the industry and share my knowledge and experience via articles and other useful resources to others within the Logistics and Supply Chain industries.
Feel free to follow me on Twitter or LinkedIn using the buttons below:
With my experience I have been lucky enough to see ‘both sides of the fence’ from working in a freight forwarder environment, managing a bonded warehouse and now working in international logistics as a customer. This gives me a unique insight into the steps involved and issues that can arise. I still enjoy the challenges and demands of working in international logistics and supply chain management and continue to keep my knowledge current through private study and personal development.
I have been elected a Chartered Member (CMILT) of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT) and awarded Expert Status (ESCM) from the Institute of Supply Chain Management (IoSCM). I was honoured to be invited onto the IoSCM Advisory Council in May 2019.
- Winner of the 2020 Sustain Chain Award ‘Outstanding contribution to Sustainable Improvements in the Supply Chain‘
- Winner of the 2019 annual IoSCM Award ‘Contribution to the Institute‘
- Winner of the 2019 Celebrating Enterprise Award ‘Special Recognition Award‘, hosted at the House of Lords, London.
- Awarded a Recognition award by the IoSCM in 2019 for ‘Contribution to Education, Skills Development and Improving Standards within the supply chain industry’
- Winner of the 2018 annual IoSCM Award ‘Contribution To Wider Supply Chain Improvement’